Welcome to Max.Berger.name
I am currently a Software Developer at Amazon EU.
For an overview of my research projects please see the Research page.
Papers and Documentation
These are some of the papers I have published so far:
- I've written a Solaris+Linux HowTo
- I've held a speech at the Atlanta Linux Showcase 1999 about ACPI. The Speech is available in ps and pdf format. The paper is also available as either ps or pdf. Please note that all ACPI links included in theses papers are now incorrect and should be corrected to acpi.sourceforge.net.
- For the university I've held a speech about Automated Argument Assistance in a Design Rationale seminar. It is available in pdf format.
- My paper on SyncML is available in pdf format.
- The paper on SyncML is also available for online browsing.
- The developer documentation for RemoteFinder (pdf, German) and speech about RemoteFinder (pdf, German) are also available. Please note: These date Mai 30th, 2003 and might not be valid anymore.
- Setting up Eclipse CDT on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X (html)
- I've written an Internet Telefonie (SIP) Howto (html, German). It is available for online browsing.
- The Internet Telefonie (SIP) Howto (pdf, German) is also available for download.
- Installing wxWidgets in a MinGW / MSYS environment
- Developing for wxWidgets using Eclipse and the CDT
Open Source Projects
For an overview of my open source projects please see the Open Source page.
I've worked for several companies, including:
- ADAC, I did some Java
- Siemens: I did some JavaJNI work and some web sites
- OOTec: Some C++ work
- Lehrstuhl Brauer (TU München): as Solaris / NetBSD / Windows / Linux / AIX / MacOS administrator
- Student Government of the TU München: as Linux / Windows / MacOS administrator
- Texas Tech University as an instructor for the Department of Computer Science.
- Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck as a guest researcher at the Distributed and Parallel Systemes Group.
- KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences (MTA Budapest) as a guest researcher.
- Leopold-Franzens-Universität Innsbruck, particularly the Distributed and Parallel Systemes Group as a PostDoc.
I am a former member of the Student Government of the TU München, particulary the