Copyright © 2001, 2002 Maximilian Berger
Please freely copy and distribute (sell or give away) this document in any format. It's requested that corrections and/or comments be forwarded to the document maintainer. You may create a derivative work and distribute it provided that you:
Send your derivative work (in the most suitable format such as sgml) to the author for posting on the Internet.
License the derivative work with this same license or use GPL. Include a copyright notice and at least a pointer to the license used.
Give due credit to previous authors and major contributors.
Table of Contents
- I. Introduction
- 1. Motivation
- 2. Infrastructural overview
- 3. Evaluating complete solutions for data synchronization
- 4. Protocols and data formats
- 5. Existing SyncML implementations
- II. Synchronization concepts
- 6. Synchronization basics
- 7. Handling conflicts
- III. Realization
- 8. Raw design
- 9. Libsyncml
- 10. Sync Server Engine
- 11. vCardSync
- IV. Perspective
- V. Appendix
List of Figures
- 2.1. Different clients and how they connect
- 3.1. How starfish sees its own products.
- 3.2. Palm Desktop showing monthly and daily calendar view.
- 4.1. Transport, Protocol, Data
- 4.2. An example LDAP tree
- 4.3. Writing to a replicated LDAP node
- 4.4. SyncML session time line
- 8.1. Concept overview
- 9.1. Overview of SMLSingle/MultiThread, SMLSession, SMLSessionHandler and SMLDatabase
- 9.2. A tree node object
- 10.1. SySeEns database model
List of Tables